Hello All!
I know, being a diabetic, I miss my desserts a lot and sometimes crave it so much. So I found this, and yes, I tried it and came out perfect! I used the SugarTwin® Granulated sweetener instead of sugar. I thought that the first recipe I share should be a dessert one because I know its hard for diabetics (and everyone for that matter) to find a healthier dessert recipe. So enjoy! :)
Applesauce Brownies
Servings: 16
(Note: you can substitute the sugar with the SugarTwin® Granulated white or brown sweetener if you want to avoid sugar altogether)
Ingredients
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup chopped nuts (Optional)
Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine oil, applesauce and cocoa. Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients together and stir into the first mixture.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured (or wax paper lined & sprayed) 9 inch square pan.
- Sprinkle on nuts (optional).
- Bake about 20 to 30 minutes or until top is set but edges are not dried out. Toothpick will come out clean.
- Cut into 16 or 24 squares.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
Calories: 165
Protein: 3 g
Sodium: 84 mg
Fat: 7 g
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Fat; 1 Fruit
(Source: http://diabeticgourmet.com/recipes/html/169.shtml)
No comments:
Post a Comment